Which Mattress Suits Your Body Type
There are a variety of factors to consider when you are shopping for an affordable mattress in Winder, Georgia. Some of these factors include personal preference, room size, and budget. Although, one of the most important factors that many people do not look into is the type and level of mattress that best suits your body type. According to the Cleveland Clinic, if your hips are wider than your waist, a softer mattress will be the best to support the width of your pelvis and will keep your spine in a neutral position. If your hips and waist line is mostly straight, a rigid mattress is ideal.
Below is a guide to help you find a mattress that is based on your body type and gender:
- Petite Women: Women who weigh around 110 pounds need soft mattresses. According to the Telegraph, mattresses that are too hard can cause pain in the shoulders or a sensation of pins and needles going through your body as you sleep. If the mattress is too hard, your shoulders and hips will not sink into the mattress and as a result, your spine curves will fall out of alignment.
- Lightweight Men: Spine-Health.com shared that thin and lightweight individuals do not need to make use of pillow top mattresses because they do not weigh enough to compress the foam to touch the underlying coils and the support system. This is because a pillow top mattress has additional layers of padding on top of the mattress. A soft mattress without the extra cushioning is ideal for thin individuals.
- Curvy Women: For larger women, pillow top mattresses are more comfortable since it provide extra cushioning between them and the coils.
- Heavy Men: Men who are around 220 pounds or more need a firm mattress. A softer mattress can cause the shoulders and hips to sink in too much which will result in a curved spine and excessive pressure on the muscles and joints.
- Pregnant Women: While being pregnant is not exactly a body type, it is still worth the discussion because they still have their own mattress needs. Pregnant women who are in their last trimester suffer from lower back pains. A memory foam mattress can help improve their quality of sleep especially those who are suffering from that lower back pain. The memory foam mattress tends to contour the body shape. Another option is an adjustable bed base which provides wider range of motion in the bed by allowing you to elevate your head and feet.
Your body type or body condition can say a lot about the type of mattress that you require. You can visit Good Mattress – they offer a wide selection of styles and brands which make them a one stop website for any of your mattress needs. If you want an affordable mattress in Winder, GA, you can get in touch with them today at 678-677-0260 or browse through their website at www.good-mattress.com to see what they have to offer.